I have the composition worked out but not shown here. Here is a sketch of the knight done in the size it will appear on the painting. It was developed using the sketch below for reference. The model used the cardboard helmet and sword I made as props for this project. By turning the figure in the finished sketch a little more towards the viewer and having the arms reach forward a little from the body I have added more rhythm to the pose, and finishing it with knightly attire as if he were standing in a breeze.
Sometimes working on a commissioned painting can be a challenge. If the client has a vision you must be able to see that vision as well. Because I love realism this project requires that I gather information from research, my imagination, the creation of some props, and other client supplied references. The idea here is to create a painting with the theme of the Templar knights.