Sunday, February 1, 2009

Got any grapes





Another still life, I started last Saturday and painted all but one night through the week. I hoped I would finish it working in the evening. This Saturday I painted all day because now I was painting in natural light. Using a medium of one part Stand Oil and Two parts Linseed Oil I painted over the entire painting making color and value adjustments.

What I thought would be a simple still life, turned out to be a challenge. My focus was to capture the green bottle and make it look translucent. The place mat in the background had been folded in a triangle and I liked the starburst pattern the folds made. The grapes well they were a lost cause. I wanted to add a complimentary color to work with the green, but I wished I had used real grapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment